If there are problems with viewing broadcasts, please contact support:
- +7-922-168-0417 (during broadcast)
- e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org (at any time)
In order that we can help you, please give the following information as possible:
- country and city;
- internet connection speed and service provider;
- the name and version of browser, operating system, RAM;
- in local network – number of computers (in case of common channel connection).
Setting up your computer for viewing broadcasts
You can independently check all computer settings that affect the quality of broadcast.
Recommended: Mozilla Firefox, Opera, Google Chrome.
Not recommended: Internet Explorer.
Impossible viewing: Internet Explorer 9.
You must install Adobe Flash Player, which can be downloaded here. Additional programs that are offered on this page with Adobe Flash Player, are not needed to install.
Recommended: quality headphones or acoustics of standard 2.0 or 2.1.
You can choose one of three levels of quality by clicking the corresponding row under the window of the player:
- LiveLow – low quality (640х360, 1 Mbit/s)
- LiveMid – middle quality (960х540, 2 Mbit/s)
- LiveHigh – high quality (1280×720, 4 Mbit/s)
- LiveHD – FullHD quality (1920х1080, 8 Мбит/с)
LiveMid is enabled by default.
Speed Internet connection
To view the broadcast channel it is required a strong connection with a minimum speed of 2 Mbit/s.
During viewing it is recommended to stop all downloads, disable programs Torrent, Skype, etc.
- Go to the website speedtest.net/ru.
- Wait until the page is loaded and select a city Yekaterinburg on the map, UralWES is preferable between the proposed servers.
- Click “Start Scan”.
- Check the values in the test results:
- Ping – should not exceed 20 ms;
- Download speed – should be higher than the rate of the video stream you want to watch (see paragraph “Video”).
- Do regular check hard disk for errors.
- Monitor the free space on the disk – it is necessary to have at least 15-20 %.